My name is Angeline. I am a friendly, warm and approachable person. I am easy to talk to and have a calm nature which I bring to my approach in therapy. My personal life experiences have prepared me for many of the issues that people face when entering counselling. My practice is based near Romsey, and Chandlers Ford (Eastleigh) in Southampton.
My training is predominantly in Person-centered counselling, I also integrate other therapy techniques such as:
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT)
- Solution Focused Therapy (SFT)
- Compassion Focused Therapy (CFT)
The type of counselling I use will depend on the client I am working with and what is best suited to them in addition to what they wish to achieve in sessions.
I believe that everyone has the ability to develop and grow as a person, to cope and come to terms with traumatic experiences and have a more positive outlook on life, with the right help.
I have worked successfully for many years with people experiencing stress, anxiety, depression, bereavement and trauma. I aim to offer a safe environment and have put good measures in place to minimise any potential risk to clients, in relation to the current worldwide concerns.
I trained as a therapist in 1999 and am on the BACP accredited register. I have successfully counselled people with stress, anxiety, depression, bereavement and trauma, working with adults and children in a variety of settings, such as; their homes, schools, colleges, GP surgeries, hospital, community projects and in private practice.
My experience has included; Private Practice with children and adults, working as a trauma therapist alongside children services, a drug and alcohol practitioner within CAMHS, in an adult prison, a young people’s secure environment and in the community on a one to one basis, this included delivering psychosocial group work. I trained with Rape Crisis and Sexual Abuse counselling service, carrying out face to face and crisis telephone counselling.
I have worked in the NHS supporting adults with severe depression, anxiety and dementia both in the community and various hospitals. I worked in supported housing starting out as a Project Worker, progressing to Team Manager supervising staff and as a Project Manager, supervising Team Managers. I have helped people to live independently in projects such as: mental health, floating support, young peoples, generic, woman and children’s refuge, serious offenders, and in sheltered housing for older people. I worked as project manager responsible for overseeing mental health services, Ex-offenders, floating support and relationship breakdown service.
With over 20 years’ experience of working with individuals from age 8 to 90’s, I continue to improve my skills and development so that I can work effectively and offer clients a quality service.
- Degree with Honours in Social Sciences (open) – Open University
- Advanced diploma Client-centered Therapy (BAC accredited Course) – Southampton City College
- Level 3 Counselling skills (ABC awarded) – Southampton City College
- Certificate in Substance Misuse – Royal College of General Practitioners
- Certificate in Third Wave CBT – SDS Training Ltd
Education and Training
- Couples in Conflict – Interaction Training Ltd
- The Fundamentals of working with couples – Interaction Training Ltd
- Sex, arousal and ageing – Interaction Training Ltd
- Treating General Anxiety and Panic Attacks – Mind Body Breakthrough
- ADHD, Anxiety Disorder and Recovery – Mind Body Breakthrough
- Trauma Focused CBT – Anna Freud National Centre for Children and Families
- Suicide Assist Intervention Skills – Papyrus
- Rape Crisis and Sexual Abuse – Southampton Rape Crisis
- HSCB Attachment Theory – Hampshire Safeguarding and Children’s Board
- Introduction to Deliberate Self-harm – NHS
- Drug and alcohol Interventions – Hampshire County Council
- Node Link Mapping (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy with addiction) – RAPT
- Dual Diagnosis – RAPT
- Stress Management – RAPT
- Trauma and Addiction Workshop – RAPT