My name is Angeline. I am a friendly, warm and approachable person. I am easy to talk to and have a calm nature which I bring to my approach in therapy. My personal life experiences have prepared me for many of the issues that people face when entering counselling. My practice is based near Romsey, and Chandlers Ford (Eastleigh) in Southampton.
My training is predominantly in Person-centered counselling, I also integrate other therapy techniques such as:
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT)
- Solution Focused Therapy (SFT)
- Compassion Focused Therapy (CFT)
The type of counselling I use will depend on the client I am working with and what is best suited to them in addition to what they wish to achieve in sessions.
I believe that everyone has the ability to develop and grow as a person, to cope and come to terms with traumatic experiences and have a more positive outlook on life, with the right help.
I trained as a therapist in 1999 and am a registered MBACP member (on the accredited register). I have many years experience in supporting and counselling people who have anxiety, depression and encountered loss as a result of traumatic experiences. This includes counselling adults and children in a variety of settings, including school, community projects and in private practice. I trained as a Rape and Sexual Abuse counsellor and have several years’ experience of face to face and crisis telephone counselling.
I have worked as a drug and alcohol practitioner, primarily focused on adults and young people with addiction in adult prison, mental health services, young people’s secure environment and in the community. This included the delivery of psychosocial groups and one to one sessions.
Having worked with elderly people suffering with dementia in a hospital setting, I have gained an understanding of how this illness impacts family members. This has given me insight to help those affected to cope better in such difficult circumstances.
I worked in mental health for the NHS to support adults with severe depression in the community and various hospitals. During my time working in housing, I supported people to live independently in projects such as: mental health, floating support, young people, generic, woman and children’s refuge, serious offenders, and sheltered housing. I was also the project manager responsible for overseeing a relationship breakdown service.
- Degree with Honours in Social Sciences (open)
- Advanced diploma Client-centered Therapy (BAC accredited Course)
- Level 3 Counselling skills (ABC awarded)
- Certificate in Substance Misuse – Royal College of General Practitioners
Education and Training
- Suicide Assist Intervention Skills – Papyrus
- Rape Crisis and Sexual Abuse – Southampton Rape Crisis
- HSCB Attachment Theory – Hampshire Safeguarding and Children’s Board
- Introduction to Deliberate Self-harm – NHS
- Drug and alcohol Interventions – Hampshire County Council
- Node Link Mapping (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy with addiction) – RAPT
- Dual Diagnosis – RAPT
- Stress Management – RAPT
- Trauma and Addiction Workshop – RAPT